Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Books to choose from

Hey girls, (or girl uh, Sara) :-)
for any and all of you who are interested in reading with us, here are a few books that I think would be good to read:

Loving God With all Your Mind by Elizabeth George

Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney

Heaven by Randy Alcorn

A Call to Spiritual Reformation: Priorities from Paul and His prayers by D.A. Carson

Knowing God by J.I. Packer

Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands by Paul David Tripp

Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders

I have more on my list but here are a few for starters. You can look up the reviews on amazon. I'm personally leaning toward the 1st 3. I've started reading Heaven and it's interesting but I have to read it all in one month without so many other books in the way!

i'm finishing up Chance to Die which was very good. Any input would be great.
i prefer to read a book I already have for now because i'm kind of on a book-buying fast. let me know
Jules

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok here are my top three
- knowing God
- a call to spiritual reformation...
- err everything else is about the same

you have all of these already right? what's "instruments in the Redeemer's hands" about?

Anonymous said...

Instruments... : People in need of change helping people in need of change" is the subtitle. I have started a call to spiritual reformation last month so that might be a good choice seeing i have it and you're interested in prayer. it's very good so far...

anyone else?

Anonymous said...

Here's the other books I was talking about:

Becoming a Woman of Influence: Making a Lasting Impact on Others through mentoring by Carol Kent.

There are so many books i want to read. I have started this one today and will treat it like a 3 week study instead of a 9 week one. :-)

Anonymous said...

uhh ok :/ i tried to post, but blogger keeps saying that there are errors. maybe my post will turn up later *shrug*
if you want to see it, i think you still can if you go to "edit posts" under "posting"
:) bye