Thursday, July 20, 2006

Christina Lee Week 6

1. WHAT MEANT THE MOST TO YOU FROM THIS LESSON?
Same as Sara - I was so amazed at the competitiveness of Rachel & Leah. They are dead on like us 21st century females and all our obsessions on the WRONG things in life. I've seen friends completely lose focus on God and despair because they can't have children, they can't have the boy or girl they want, they have too many kids, etc. Hey Oh Family, you got to admit you thought of our 14 girl cousins vs 2 boys? It's so easy to be objective and see how wrong other people's obsessions are but be completely blind to our own.

2. WHAT OFFERED YOU THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OR BLESSING AND WHY?
Challenge: To not let ANYTHING get to the point where I feel I'm not complete unless I have it. I am complete in Christ - period!
Blessing: To know that God was faithful to Jacob and his family even though they were such imperfect, human humans!

3. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU INTEND TO APPLY (through prayer and the Holy Spirit) FROM THIS WEEK'S STUDY?
This week my heart's cry is that I really pray before I make impulsive, poor decisions. I'm suffering right now because of a really bad decision I made. I want to truly let God guide me and not assume that I KNOW everything.

4. PRAYER REQUESTS AND OTHER COMMENTS
Pray for all the new believers at our bible camp. I heard at least 7 were led to the Lord and many souls renewed ofcourse. As I was writing this my husband Sung got a black eye. He tripped in the dark and his eye hit the handle of our elliptical machine! Oops!

No comments: