Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Week 5, Jules

Ok, i'm giving this a go! :-) sorry, i thought i had posted this weekend and then realized i haven't!

1. WHAT MEANT THE MOST TO YOU FROM THIS LESSON?
Several things really stuck out while doing this week's lesson. One of the things that really encouraged me for some reason is the fact that children are going to fight- "more than one son guarantees rivalry" - Do you know that recently it's been making me wonder whether I'm a good mom or not to see my littles squabble so much? To read this meant so much to me, I felt like it cut me free! Now, it just renews my purpose to help them learn to "handle it in the safe environment of the home". Praise God for this opportunity! I really feel much better about it! :-)

2. WHAT OFFERED YOU THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OR BLESSING AND WHY?
I've been trying to do this study with introspection. Often, I read the all too-human stories in Scripture and think, "I would never do THIS! How could he do THAT?" Esau was a man given to instant gratification. In my self-righteousness, I know I thought I would never let something so minor as red stew make me forfeit my godly heritage.... until I really thought about it. How many times have I chosen to gratify my fleshly appetite instead of feeding my spirit? How often have I wasted money, TIME, energy and thoughts with fleeting temptations rather than banking on eternity? How many purses do I have stored in my closet and the poor had to turn to someone else 'purse' for God's provision? How many times have I sat mindlessly in front of the TV instead of studying Scripture, how many hours staring into the computer screen instead of contributing to my children's eternity? I admit that in and of itself, these things may not be evil, but the heart tugs when it's time. And when I know better, and choose to ignore the tug, I desensitize myself to the Holy Spirit and therefore, I'm forgetting who I am for the moment and who I belong to. As we saw in Esau's life, it's pretty serious stuff.

3. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU INTEND TO APPLY (through prayer and the Holy Spirit) FROM THIS WEEK'S STUDY?
Be sensitive to the Holy Spirit, keep in mind that my godly heritage is in heaven and that it will be passed on to my children. Lord, Help me in my unbelief.

4. PRAYER REQUESTS AND OTHER COMMENTS
Girls, I am a bit overwhelmed with things that are going on right now. I know it will all be taken care of and under the watchful eye of my Savior, but I am still experiencing the daily stomach churns with the twists and turns life is taking. Please pray for peace, for right decisions, for good counsel and for the Lord to send people my way who will help me make wise decisions. (and my inlaws are still here for another week - it's going well (2 thumbs up) but pray for opportunity to speak to them about the Lord. thanks! jules

2 comments:

Truthseeker said...

Ok Julie, I think now you have gone to meddlin'! My time is not my own. In the book Stepping Heavenward she states that as well. I am convicted by your comments. I think I like this bloggin' thing! We can have a conversation with our posts.
I am praying for you. May the Lord bless you with all the twists and turns that you are experiencing right now. Love ya! Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm liking this blogging thing too.
Everyone please pray for me! I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment! My brain is foggy right now and I'm missing my daddy. :-(

I hope we all take advantage of how easy this is! only thing is, we have to check and re-check to see if anyone's posted. ok, now where is everyone? :-D

btw, you can choose identity and pick other and then put your real name in. that way we know who responded.