Tuesday, July 11, 2006

sara's week 5

1. WHAT MEANT THE MOST TO YOU FROM THIS LESSON?
the first and last days! i'll explain in the next question...


2. WHAT OFFERED YOU THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OR BLESSING AND WHY?
oh mann! :) the Lord has really been consoling and challenging me this week through the study.
blessing: day one - knowing that God makes promises that only *He* can fulfill, even if His methods are beyond comprehension for us. these days, i feel like i have a lot of "twins" inside of me, and though i know the Lord has something planned out, i can't help but feel perplexed over the inner conflict. it's such a comfort to see that these jostlings are just confirmation of God's sovereignty and all sufficiency.
challenge: that Esau, by his thoughts of murder, is called hated of God, a son of Satan. to think that Jesus also says that to hate/curse a brother in our hearts is the equivalent of murdering just drives home the point that grudges and anymosity are not things to be taken lightly, nor should we wait for them to "blow over", but we must rather urgently and earnestly petition the Lord for that balm of grace.

3. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU INTEND TO APPLY (through prayer and the Holy
Spirit) FROM THIS WEEK'S STUDY?
stop murdering people in my heart, and seek out grace through diligent prayer.

4. PRAYER REQUESTS AND OTHER COMMENTS
The Lord has really been laying it heavily upon my heart how little i know about prayer. please pray for me, that i'll learn how to pray in a manner that is most pleasing and glorifying to Him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really good Sara! I never thought of Esau and Jacob, the 'twins' jostling inside of us! wow, that's pretty powerful. Your point is excellent!

btw, i also feel like i know little about prayer. i just ordered a book called: A Call to Spiritual Reformation: Priorities from Paul and His Prayers by D.A. Carson. It looks really good but I haven't read this yet.

Truthseeker said...

Sara,how you worded your comments made so much sense! I appreciate your post. My thoughts get away from me so often and they need to be dealt with quickly. Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

aww thank you so much for your comment. :) it brightened my day.

and jules, when you finish reading that book, send it over! ha!

Jane said...

Hey Sara,
you always amaze me with your maturity and your ability to express abstract thoughts clearly and gracefully. I still am not even halfway caught up but I am looking forward to seeing more of your posts!