Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Jane, Week 5

Hi guys, I am obviously screwed up and behind and everything. I thought I was supposed to start on week 5 but you guys were already on week 6. So this week, I will skip week 6 and go straight to 7 so I'll finally be on the same wavelength as you!

1. WHAT MEANT THE MOST TO YOU FROM THIS LESSON?
I think I was most struck by the progression of Esau's disappointment turning into bitterness and contemplation of murder. That really struck home to me because I have a terrible time getting rid of grudges once they are formed. Seeing how unchecked feelings can turn so sinful is scary.

2. WHAT OFFERED YOU THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OR BLESSING AND WHY?
As above, thinking about how I need to not be so flippant about my attitudes towards others who have wronged me.

3. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU INTEND TO APPLY (through prayer and the Holy Spirit) FROM THIS WEEK'S STUDY?
Taking care to pray when I begin to have feelings of dislike that can turn into hatred of others. I just feel I haven't been honest to God in confession for these kinds of feelings.

4. PRAYER REQUESTS AND OTHER COMMENTS
I'm coming to the last few weeks of my placement with the family doctor on the coast. I would like to be a good witness and hopefully take the children in my host family to church this weekend (they used to go).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,
It's so awesome to read your first post! Let us know more details about your placement. I know you'll have so many interesting stories to tell. By the way everybody, Jane can write a best-selling novel on her personal observations wherever she is!! I'm sending you an invite to join our Silica yahoo group. Luv u!!

Anonymous said...

don't worry about being behind :) as long as we get to fellowship with you and hear what the Lord teaches you

Jane said...

Hey, I just wanted to share the the Lord just gave me the opportunity to share the Gospel with the eldest son in my host family. Please pray for him as he "will ponder" these things. Please pray that good answers to his questions which are obstacles to his placing his faith in Jesus, will be removed. Thanks!!

Jane said...

Hi everyone!
I asked a lady at church this Sunday if she knew where I could find a copy of "the Case for Faith" and she had one at home...so to make a long story short I was able to give my host family brother a copy of the book and a couple tracts about evidence for the truth in the Word of God.
Yay for answered prayer!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Jane!!
The Lord is answering your prayers.
Pray we have an opportunity to share with our in laws in ny as well. thanks!